Monday, September 5, 2011

New Classroom, New Technology, New Year!

“I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere behind the morning...” -Joseph Priestley

Tomorrow, I will start my fourth year of teaching and could not be more excited!  This summer has been a wonderful learning period where I have discovered a wonderful PLN via Twitter, Pinterest and a variety of teaching blogs.  I have gained so many wonderful ideas for my classroom which makes this year even more special than the last three.  It is quite an amazing feeling to take ideas which you have spent weeks thinking about to see them in action.  My anticipation for the 2011-2012 school year is growing just by talking about it! 


Another exciting part of this year is not feeling like I have to start all over again.  The first year of teaching, everything is new and it can be hard to keep up with it all.  My second year I had a better understanding of the curriculum and I was able to concentrate more on adding more of my own zest to the classroom.  The third year of teaching I switched grade levels AND moved classrooms THREE times between September and April.  So, it was a combination of fun and crazy :)  Now, I am teaching Second Grade for the second year.  I know the curriculum, I feel confident about putting my own style into teaching AND I have a newly renovated classroom with BRAND NEW technology!  It is going to be an AMAZING year to say the least.  I wanted to share with all of you pics of my classroom in which you have ALL helped me to bring together this year.  Thank you and I hope that I can return the favor by showing you something that perhaps you want to bring into your own classroom!










































Have a great school year!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you're ready for an awesome year! Very organized! Good luck, you'll be fantastic!
    Ms. Tanigawa

    ReplyDelete